Cutting-Edge Surgery of the Spine
A number of patients find it a difficult decision to choose surgery of the spine or back. The orthopedic doctors and spine surgeons at First California Physician Partners California Central Coast are here to help you figure out if this procedure is the right choice for you. You might be in need of back surgery if you are dealing with any of the following:
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Lumbar Spine Issues
- Cervical Spine Issues
- Thoracic Spine Issues
The neurosurgeons at our orthopedic center are skilled at properly diagnosing and treating spine pain, disease, or health issues. We understand the reasons for nervousness about this surgery and provide you with all of the information you need to feel confident and cared for. Say goodbye to spine pain with the help of our back surgery specialists.
Improving Your Spinal Health
Back pain can have a major effect on your life. From putting you in a bad mood to limiting your range of movement, spinal issues keep you from being able to enjoy your life to the fullest. Our spine surgeons are here to fix that with our state-of-the-art surgical treatments and techniques. After a successful surgery, you might find your mood is increased, you are more active, and you need fewer pain medications to make it through your day.
While all surgeries do carry some degree of risk, surgery of the spine’s risks are generally low. Our neurosurgeons are ready to help you find the right solution to your spine pain issues.
Types of Spinal Surgeries
There are a number of different types of spinal surgeries that can be performed to help you overcome your issues or pain. Some of the most popular types of surgeries of the spine include:
- Spinal Fusion – This surgery joins your spine’s vertebrae together to restrict motion between the bones of the spine and also helps to limit the stretching of your spine’s nerves.
- Laminectomy – Our spine surgeon removes parts of the bone, bone spurs, or ligaments in your back, which helps to relieve pressure on your spinal nerves to alleviate pain or weakness.
- Foraminotomy –The sides of your vertebrae are cut away to widen the space where your nerve roots exit the spine. This enlarged space helps to relieve pressure on the nerves which means less pain for you.
- Discectomy – Our spine surgeon removes all or part of any slipped or bulging discs in your vertebrae, which helps to alleviate pressure on your spinal nerves.
- Disc Replacement – Our spine surgeon removes a damage spinal disc from your back and replaces it with an artificial disc. This allows you to enjoy continued motion of the spine while alleviating pain.
Contact us at (844) 550-3277 to learn more about our spine surgeons. We serve patients in San Luis Obispo, Templeton, Paso Robles, Nipomo, and Pismo Beach, California.